To address the growing aspirations of minority education in the state and to provide financial assistance and encouragement to talented students from minority communities to further enhance their socio-economic and educational mobility. So the State Government has announced West Bengal State Scholarship for Minority Students in West Bengal and decided to establish the “Aikyashree Scholarship” – for full funding from the budget.
(i) Pre-Matric Scholarships (for meritorious students from Class-I to Class X),
(ii) Post-Matric Scholarships (for meritorious students from Class XI to Ph.D.), and
(iii) Merit-cum-Means Scholarship (for pursuing technical and professional courses).
So the Post-Matric Scholarship seeks to encourage students to pursue higher education. Also, the purpose of the Merit-cum-Mins Scholarship for professional and technical courses is to help students pursue professional/technical studies to increase their employment potential.
Akashshree Scholarships – The primary purpose of pre-matric scholarships is to encourage minority communities to send their children to school and to prevent dropouts. Calcutta Gazette, Extraordinary, June 20, 2019.
Read More-Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Apply Process
So the state government has launched the Aikyashree Scholarship to provide financial assistance to backward and deserving students. Also, the main objective of this project is to provide financial assistance to all the backward meritorious students. It divides into three sections keeping in mind the students.
Aikyashree Scholarship Eligibility
- The scholarship applicant students must be a resident of West Bengal.
- Must be studying in a school/institution recognized by the Board of Education / Council / University
State / Central Government.
- Must have obtained less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination.
- Annual family income should not exceed Rs. 2 lakhs.
- Students studying in an institution outside West Bengal will not be eligible for pre-matric or post-matric Scholarships.
- The applicant must be a resident of West Bengal.
- Must admit to a technical/professional course.
- Must get at least 50% marks in the last Higher Secondary / Graduation Examination.
- So the annual family income of the student should not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
- Students residing in West Bengal but studying in listed institutions located outside
West Bengal. As may inform from time to time by the development of West Bengal minorities
Finance Corporation, is also eligible to apply.
- Also, the applicant has to submit a certificate of family income at the time of application.
- For renewal applicants, the continuation of the scholarship is subject to obtaining the previous 50% marks exam of the year.
- Also, maintenance allowance is paid to hostels and day scholars.
- Students must attend regularly, for which criteria set by the appropriate authority
- A scholarship may award if a student violates school discipline or any other conditions of the scholarship will Suspend or cancel. So the State Government may cancel the award directly if it is duly satisfied The operator of the scheme is the cause of violation of this regulation.
- If a student is found to have received a scholarship by making a false statement, his / her scholarship will be canceled. Immediately and the amount of scholarship given will recover.
- Course/tuition fees and maintenance allowance will credit directly to the student’s bank account.
Under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- WBMDFC may set aside an amount not exceeding 2% of the administrative cost for implementation.
Of the scheme. With the concurrence of the Finance Department of the Government of West Bengal, these issues are addressed to their U.O. No .: 0356 dated 03/06/2019. Read More visit the official website
Hello Dear aspirants I hope you feel better and gain some from this article. If You have any questions or suggestions for me feel free to comment below without any habitation. If you have felt any doubt fill out this form and then clear the doubt or confusion after that fill out the form. Because if you did any mistake to fill this form then you not to be eligible to get these benefits from the scholarship. So carefully fill out this form and put in the correct information.
If you like this article, you can share it with your friends. Also, if you do not like the article, you can let us know in the comment box. We will try to correct our mistakes accordingly.